To begin, grapeseed oil is a carrier oil - which means it comes from the fatty portion of the plant from which it is derived – in this case, seeds. (Essential oils on the other hand are made by distilling the non-fatty parts of the plant). As a carrier oil, it mixes well with essential oils which will also benefit the skin and body it numerous ways.
The oil, which can be used for cooking and skincare, is made using what would otherwise be seed waste from juice and wine production.
In terms of skin care, if light moisture and the healing effects of Vitamin E are what you are looking for, grapeseed oil might be the oil for you.
Here is what we found out about grapeseed oil: It….
- is rich in vitamins C, D and E – all of which are said to help reduce wrinkles and assist in healing scars. Vitamins C and E and the fatty acids are what make the oil a great emollient – they soften and soothe your skin and help it stay smooth and firm
- is lighter than jojoba oil or coconut oil, and thus better at controlling facial oils – if that’s where you are going to use it. (We don’t recommend using our coffee scrubs on your face unless you patch test first)
- is high in linoleic acid, which benefits a variety of skin problems, including acne, eczema and dermatitis. Linoleic acid helps to nourish and soothe as well as aid in the repair of your skin
- will not clog your skin pores, so acne and unwanted pimples won’t be a problem
- can help to restore collagen. Grapeseed oil is rich in OPCs (oligomeric proanthocyanidins), which help to destroy free radicals that degrade collagen production and promote the restoration of collagen at the cellular level. This will minimise signs of ageing and leave your looking younger, improving overall appearance
- has astringent properties which work to tighten the skin
- acts as an able moisturizer – which means it balances both the dry and oily patches on your skin
- has restructuring qualities which help your skin retain its normal structure, consequently diminishing the appearance of stretch marks
- can be used to help reduce the appearance of age spots and relieve a sunburn
So, what are you waiting for?
All of our porze coffee body scrubs can be made-to-order with grapeseed oil and beautiful, high quality essential oils - to really give your skin a treat.
If you are interested in finding out more about what we are doing, we would love for you visit us at www.porze.com.au
You may also be interested in reading more of our blogs
If you enjoyed this post, please consider growing the Porze Pack by sharing it on Facebook.
Thank you Christin Hume for the photo